Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Just have to blog this...

Yesterday I went to Emilie's school class and helped out for an hour and then had school lunch with her. They served Orange Chicken and rice....that was it (no other food). She got a scoop of rice (which wasn't real rice) and then 3 pieces of chicken...She was starving. Luckily I had my own plate and she ate off of it. They did have a salad bar with carrots and applesauce and orange slices. The apple sauce was gone and the oranges were brown and the carrots were ok. I don't know how they expect the kids to get full off of this stuff...anyways to make long, gross story short...SCHOOL LUNCH SUCKS! With all the modern technology and such a kick on feeding kids healthy foods they aren't doing such a hot job of it in the Elementary schools.

3 comments:

Davis' said...

I haven't checked out our school lunch but I know what Tanner had yesterday. He doesn't like chicken, so he ate 2 bites of rice and the pudding. oh and some milk. gotta love school lunch. are you going to take on the lunch people to serve better lunches? I will back you up!

Dana said...

That is exactly why I never ate school lunch, that and I am really picky.

Hallman Family said...

Ok, so out here in Cali, the food is individually packaged in plastic and then warmed up. Usually when it gets time for Madysen the 5th grader to eat the food choices are down to 1 (not so much of a choice). So yes, I agree that School Lunch Sucks! Oh, and here it cost $3.40. Wow huh! I hope it is better in Oregon!